Rather than adding to the conjecture and scenario-weaving running rampant through the blogosphere in anticipation of tomorrow’s Supreme Court decision on the future of the Accountable Care Act, I thought I’d share a few worthwhile reads from other bloggers who have already covered every aspect of the health reform case.
- SCOTUSBlog’s summary of the health care case. SCOTUSBlog has become the go-to place for Supreme Court watching. They have an excellent summary of the various ways that the decision could come down.
- PBS has another excellent summary of the questions to be decided.
- Kaiser Family Foundation’s Health Reform Source outlines why an overturn of just the Individual Mandate provisions of the ACA could still bring down the entire law through what some are calling a “death spiral.”
- On the flip side, NPR argues that there’s no returning to the old system for parts of the legislation, regardless of the decision.
- Huffington post takes a stab at a “Plan B” for the White House if the Individual Mandate falls and looks to how the ACA could continue.
Hopefully, that will keep you busy until we hear what the answer tomorrow and then the real analysis can begin. Of course, the Supreme Court Justices could rule that they can’t make a decision until later, and we can repeat this whole process again next year!