With New Year’s upon us, it’s a great time to take a look at what you can all do in 2014 to make your hospital Web strategy better than ever.
Here are five ways to get started:
1. Consolidate and focus your social media efforts. It’s easy to get caught up in the social media frenzy, but managing all of your accounts can be difficult. If you don’t stay on top of them all, the quality of the content you share on social media can go downhill fast. This upcoming year, focus on the social networks that work for your organization and shut down the accounts that aren’t worth your time.
2. Visit your Google Webmaster Tools account more frequently. Google’s Webmaster Tools is a great way to see the health of your website and understand how Google views your site and its content. Unfortunately, it’s another tool that requires time to understand and use. For 2014, make it a point to stop ignoring Google Webmaster Tools , it’s easy to get started and you’ll have a better understanding of your site from the search engine’s perspective.
3. Dig deeper into your Google Analytics account. Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can give you daily insights into how your visitors interact with your website, but just looking at the overview page won’t give you all the information you need. One of your goals for 2014 should be to try to dig deeper into details like top content pages and mobile traffic numbers. These stats will help you make informed decisions on what your visitors want and need.
4. Content, content, content! 2014 is setting up to be another year where we say, “Content is king!” over and over again. Fresh, original content will continue to be the best way to engage your users and build your brand online. Don’t think this has to be a major process, either. Content such as video clips, quick blog posts, and sharing your brand’s story via social media all help to extend your brand in a noisy online space.
5. Utilize paid search options more strategically. The realm of paid search continues to grow and get more complex. This year, focus your efforts even more strategically by targeting your audience by location, mobile device, interests, and more. By building campaigns that take advantage of the newest targeting options, you’ll reach the exact user with your message at just the right time.
There you have it. Five easy ways to get more involved with your website in 2014 and build a stronger understanding of what your audience and visitors are looking for. Take small steps, ask for help when you need it, and make 2014 a great year on the Web!