If you’re looking to build an audience, YouTube is a great place start. After a few minutes of surfing around the popular video site, you’ll notice many successful individuals and organizations making a name for themselves on YouTube alone (some don’t even have a real website!).
Even more surprising? Some of the most popular videos are not exactly “professional” productions. (Thumbs up, everybody! Rock and roll!)
The Evolution of YouTube
If you spend much time in your YouTube account these days, you’ll notice many more options and features for content creators. YouTube has evolved into a true platform for content creators to build their audience and make a name for themselves or their brand.
So, how can you use YouTube to build your healthcare organization’s following?
- Create how-to videos and content. YouTube is a popular place for people looking for how-to information. From home-building to healthy eating, YouTube is a go-to spot for many Web users seeking a quick bit of help on a topic.
- Create a weekly video blog (vlog). Your organization has plenty to offer health consumers. Could you create a weekly three minute video that helps viewers with a simple task? Moz has their famous Whiteboard Friday series.
- Humanize your organization/brand. Introduce the world to your expert physicians, caring nurses, or state-of-the-art facilities. Don’t worry about professional production, either. Make it informational and enjoyable.
- Share your YouTube content regularly. Spread your video content via Facebook, Twitter and your website. You can share your individual videos or point your followers to your YouTube channel to view all of your content.
- Choose a video’s title and description wisely. The title and description of your video is the perfect place to be clever and catch the viewer’s eye. Be sure to consider how your video will display in search results on YouTube. Will users click through? (Bonus: Use the description to link back to relevant content on your website!)
Time to Get Started!
YouTube makes it extremely easy to set up a channel, upload videos and start making an impact. Be sure to complete your YouTube profile and brand it appropriately so people know who they are interacting with.
Using YouTube should be a priority for your organization. It’s a great way to tell your organization’s story, so start uploading today!