One question Geonetric hears from clients is, “How do you keep up with all these changes in SEO, PPC, and social media?” Good question!
I shared my reading list with attendees of Geonetric’s 2014 eHealth Client Symposium: Camp Reboot, and thought others may benefit from this list as well. A word of caution: these blogs will turn you into a search marketing geek in no time flat.
So, what do I read in my free time to keep up with Google, Bing and the other cast characters in search and social media? Here’s my current reading list:
- Google Analytics Blog (http://analytics.blogspot.com/) – Perfect for keeping up with Google Analytics announcements and tips and tricks directly from the Google Analytics team.
- Google Webmaster Central Blog (http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/) – Information on trends in SEO and keeping your website “healthy” and optimized.
- Inside AdWords (http://adwords.blogspot.com/) – If you’re thinking about using AdWords, this blog will keep you updated on that product and any new offerings from the AdWords team.
- Inside Search (http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/) – This blog is a bit more consumer-focused, but provides insight into where Google Search is headed on all platforms.
- Search Engine Land (http://searchengineland.com/) – A great resource for all things search. Not directly from Google or Bing, so their perspective is often different and valuable.
- Moz Blog (http://moz.com/blog) – From the company formally known as “SEOmoz”, this is a great blog with suggestions on SEO. Their “Whiteboard Friday” series is well done.
There you have it. These are just a few of the resources across the Web that you can use to stay on top of emerging trends.
Of course, the trick is figuring out how to apply all of this information to your own website on a consistent basis.
If you want to discuss what actions you can take right now to optimize these channels, talk with the content, strategy and marketing experts at Geonetric.