As consumers of many products and services, we want to know our options to make informed decisions. We compare big-ticket purchases like cars and houses as well as every-day items like laundry detergent and food to make sure we get the value we want.
So why wouldn’t we compare doctors also?
Advocate Medical Group (AMG) wanted to give consumers the opportunity to take an active role when choosing a physician. So we helped them add functionality to their website allowing health consumers to compare physicians. When looking at a physician’s profile, consumers are able to answer:
- Is this physician accepting new patients?
- How many years of experience does the physician have?
- Where does that physician practice?
- Does this physician speak my native language?
- Is the physician board certified?
- What is the physician’s philosophy of care?
With the ability to look at doctors in parallel, consumers can choose the doctor that best meets the needs of their family. Most importantly, they are able to request an appointment and easily complete the task they set out to do.
Want to learn more about Geonetric’ s provider directory? Check it out.