Meet Lindsey, a social media and Google Analytics guru! Lindsey joined the Digital Marketing team in April as a Digital Marketing Coordinator. But there is more to Lindsey than creating stellar campaigns and analyzing data. Check out what our newest #GEOSTANDOUT had to say when we asked her some pretty important questions.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite part about working at Geonetric?
- Where is the most interesting place you have traveled?
- Give us a little known fact about yourself.
- Best advice that you’ve ever been given professionally or personally?
- Before you started working at Geonetric, what’s the one thing that intrigued you the most about the company?
- What’s your favorite show that you’ve binge watched?
- What’s the best #Geostandout thing you’ve seen since you started working here?
- What was your first job and what did it teach you?
- Which of Geo’s values is your favorite and why?
I have always loved stargazing and am fascinated by outer space so when I was young I wanted to work for NASA (I still think it would be really cool!)
I love the culture! It is amazing what things can be done when you remove boundaries and give people the freedom to learn and innovate.
Last summer I went to Norway and traveled around the country with my Norwegian friend whom I had never met in person prior to the trip. It was an amazing adventure!
My husband and I own a pasta company and sell homemade pasta at the Cedar Rapids and Des Moines Farmers Markets in the summer.
Don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is an opportunity to learn, and you won’t get anywhere worthwhile if you never take any risks.
I was very curious about the Agile work environment because it is so different from the way most companies are structured. Having experienced it now, I don’t think I could ever go back! I love the team environment, and by not having management it is easier to implement ideas.
My favorite show of all time is Friends, but the two I am currently binge watching are Downton Abbey and How I Met Your Mother.
My first week at Geo we had an internal event called Geovation where groups of employees tested new ideas and then presented them to the entire company. I was really impressed by each of the ideas and the effort that the teams put into researching and testing them. I am so proud to work for such an innovative company that’s always setting the bar higher!
My first job was at a zoo, and I did a little bit of everything: admissions, concessions, cleaning the bathrooms, helping with animals. It was a fun job, but it taught me the value of hard work and to appreciate all the people that do the nitty gritty work to make a business operational.
I appreciate “Say It” because it helps elevate people who are not naturally outspoken, and also assures people that feedback is important and helpful when they might normally take offense.
Think you could be our next #GEOSTANDOUT? Check out our open positions!